Okeechobee County Historic Courthouse
The historic Okeechobee County Courthouse was built in 1926 for a cost of $200,000.00. The handsome structure is Greek Revival in design, with an ornate center staircase and barrel tile roof. During restoration in 1976, painters painted over the courthouse name, leading county commissioners to refuse paying the bill until the courthouse was returned to its proper splendor. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Year Built: 1926
Architectural Style: Greek Revival
Street Address: 304 NW 2nd Street
State Circuit: Nineteenth Circuit