Miami-Dade Lawson E. Thomas Courthouse Center
The high rise courthouse building was constructed in 1986. It was named in 2000 after Judge Lawson Thomas, who was the first black person to hold a public office in the South since Reconstruction. Judge Thomas, a prominent civil rights activist, was appointed judge in 1950.
Year Built: 1986
Phone Number: 305-349-7000
Street Address: 175 NW 1st Avenue
State Circuit: Eleventh Circuit